[CREATE] LGM webpage use proprietary font stack

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Feb 11 00:43:42 PST 2012

hi jakub,

> LGM website is using proprietary font stack for display pages:
>
> body {
>     font: 13px "Lucida Grande",Verdana,sans-serif;
>     color: navy;
>     line-height: 16px;
> }
>
> the owner of "Lucida Grande" is Apple and you can't even buy it
> http://www.identifont.com/show?63U
> and Verdana is used by Microsoft Windows and you can buy it
> http://www.linotype.com/339955/Verdana-family.html

i understand your matter of using free fonts!

just some context information:

- the line above, does not mean that you should use lucida grande or
  verdana, but that it will be used it if is avalaible. the result is
  that it will use lucida grande on mac, verdana on windows and the
  default sans-serif font on linux and other platforms.
  i'm not the author of last year's css, but i guess that the reason
  for this choice was to use the default sans font on the user computer.

- originally, the author of the layout used cantarell. i don't know why
  the font has been dropped for last year's web page. we can certainly
  reintroduce in this year's css, no problem!
  should we use cantarell as the first choice?

ciao
a.l.e