[CREATE] wiki

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Fri Feb 24 15:27:26 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 February 2012 22:51, Martin Renold <martinxyz at gmx.ch> wrote:
> > Now the wiki is both spammed and write-protected at the same time.
> >
> > Any idea where to migrate http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenRasterto?
> > It was great to have some inter-project-ish dumping space - we could
> move it
> > to the MyPaint wiki, but it seems wrong to attach it to a single project.
>
> There is a FDO project for OpenRaster, so it can be migrated to the
> freedesktop.org wiki.
> A subpage under http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications for
> instance?
>
> --
> Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com

Personally, I think if we're not going to use the wiki -- and it seems like
things like ORA have outgrown it -- I'd rather see the base URL at FD.o
replaced with a static landing page that points to the various projects
than have spun out of Create or are connected to it.  That seems to be more
in keeping with the overall mission of FD.o as a reference site and a
neutral place for collaboration.

[ Plus, as a writer, I secretly just hate seeing content disappear
completely from the web... ]

But we should link folks to the relevant "specs" and other tools; it would
be good for the next programmer whiz-kid who comes along without warning to
have a place to see the useful components he or she might want to use --
CM, OpenRaster, swatches and other shared resources, LensFun; who knows
what else.

Definitely agree that we don't need to plan LGM on the Create wiki anymore,
though. Makes more sense to keep that in its own namespace....

Nate
--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com