[CREATE] book workshop on LGM

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Wed Feb 29 04:01:34 PST 2012

Hi,

I been asked many times from Linuxwochen to do a scribus workshop there. I
always rejected that, because I have a special view what a workshop is.
I am doing workshops using gimp and inkscape since arround 10 years and I am
doing them with setup a target what I like to reach with the participants.
Means something like this http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2012/vortraege/965

For Scribus I never had a useful target, something what makes participants
proud. But this year I had an idea, arround a month ago. The idea was take the
papers from the submissions and prepare a book with them. And let print that
through http://www.bod.com/publish-a-book.html
I liked to do that on wednesday which is the frist day of Linuxwochen so that
the book might be printed until saturday.

Ale liked it more on saturday, because he likes some results and pictures from
LGM in it. Thats ok, its costs only 10€ more for bringing it to amazon.com
instead of only amazon.de
We can setup the prize its sold there, profit runs into LGM fund for next year.
There are some more profits from it like marketing for LGM and the projects in
the book and also the count as publication (which some germans have interest)

Never heard an opinion since I came up with this idea. Right now I would
prefer more saturday in an open "all together workshop"

What we have to do until then is:

*collect all papers and the material what should be in the book
*together choosing on of the formats bod.de/bod.com offers
*preparing the "common" pages titel, chapter and so on

so what you think you on it?

br gnokii