[CREATE] Colorfont Workshop results

Hin-Tak Leung hintak at ghostscript.com
Fri Jun 29 10:56:22 PDT 2012

(quite a few off-topic things...)

I like XeTeX too. That said, there are more than a few ugly hacks :-). Their dvi driver (a fork of an older version of dvipdfmx) has an option override to embed fonts with licenses which forbid embedding. The current upstream dvipdfmx - managed by a Korean team - still doesn't have that "feature". :-).

Werner Lemberg seems to prefer LuaTeX more (in some private communications) - in terms of support for non-Latin scripts. LuaTeX also have more extensive scripting support for use outside of LaTex-like environment, I think.

I don't know much about emacs 24's Arabic/Hebrew right-to-left support - afterall, it has only been released a couple of weeks ago :-), and I don't read Arabic/Hebrew... Would be interested to hear from native users what they think...