[CREATE] Linear light workflow

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Mar 28 06:43:50 PDT 2012

Andrew Chadwick <a.t.chadwick at gmail.com> schrieb:
>On 27/03/12 19:24, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

>Does this idea seem sensible to everyone? I assume sRGB and linearRGB
>are going to be the only needed values and we shouldn't try to extend
>it, particularly if it's to go into baseline[1]. If there are no
>objections I'll go ahead and make the spec and schema tweaks.

With that you specify quite some implementation details.

You now have to decide if ORA requires implementations to handle
implicite colour conversions to normalise to the linear or sRGB like
gamma. With source images in wide gamut spaces that might mean,
to either render using floats or convert into a colour space big
enough to cover the source spaces. Otherwise saturated colours are
at risc to get lost.

On the other hand it would be possible to to allow for user defined
blending spaces in some way like in PDF. But that way you preserve
complexity for rendering time.

Imagine a image completely in gamma 1.8 and I think you get
what I mean.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--