[CREATE] Status of libora?

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Sep 25 09:30:04 PDT 2012

2012/9/25 Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com>:
> On 25 September 2012 06:16, Konstantin Dmitriev <ksee.zelgadis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> 2012/9/24 Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com>:
>>> Noone has implemented the animation ideas as far as I know. I think
>>> most of the things there came from one guy. Please add your
>>> comments/opinions!
>>
>> Please note: there is a mypaint fork with animation features -
>> http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/customized-mypaint-gains-animation-for-a-new-open-movie-project
>> I believe it saves to ora. But of course it's not a standard.
>> K.
>
> Yeah. It seems to just add a file describing the xsheet/frame
> extensions inside the ORA achive.
> https://gitorious.org/~manuq/mypaint/xsheet-mypaint/commit/c49d8e171eafe9c53fda723df90fcea8a11ffb34

Yes Jon, it just does that.  While doing I opened a discussion in this
list, about adding animation in the ora specification, based on a
little dratf here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/OpenRaster/Draft/Animation
.

Then came to the conclussion that my animation format needs were too
specific, and I needed a custom format.

Cheers,

--
.. manuq ..