[CREATE] Laidout signature folder on the web

Tom Lechner tom at tomlechner.com
Thu Aug 15 11:22:08 PDT 2013

 > i would be interested in reading about some more details...

Hmm, there's a half a meg of details!

I gave a workshop a few days ago at the Portland Zine Symposium about
how to fold big sheets of paper down into smaller booklets and zines
(zines==small booklets, independently made, usually photocopied and
saddle stitched). The workshop was basically doing manually what the
software does: folding any number of papers with any number of folds,
horizontal and vertical, into book signatures, and not get lost on how
the pages are imposed on the paper.

I almost had the web version done before the workshop, but not quite!
Most zinesters are not all that computer oriented, so having a web
signature folder is much more useful than having to compile Laidout on
Linux, though the non-computer method is kind of fun too.

Now I need to make it preview page images, or reimpose pdfs or
something. Maybe not so easy with html and processing.js, though I'm
just a beginner with it!

-Tom