[CREATE] swatches

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 6 21:34:26 PST 2013

Hi Olivier,

> I indeed stopped working at it as it seemed nobody was interested in
> it (on the developers' side at least)...
>

>From the perspective of Scribus, SwatchBooker is an indespensable tool. We have dedicated a separate page in our online docs to your work, as well as mentioned it several times in different contexts in the docs and our Wiki.

As far as development is concerned, I guess our guru didn't look further into it because the licences are incompatible (GPL 2 vs. GPL 3). I might add that our OS/2/eCS and Haiku maintainers are planning to port the required libraries to their respective platforms, so SB can be run on these as well.

I'd be very sad if SB must be considered dead, as it can really be a life saver.

My 2 ct.

Christoph