[CREATE] "LGM 2013 Fieldnotes" book release

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 21 07:21:51 PDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 02:32 PM, Manuel Schmalstieg wrote:

> Why?
>
> This book was inspired by James Bridle's publishing experiments (SXSW
> 2010 [Fieldnotes]), visible at booktwo.org. It's intended to serve as
> "a one-time pad", a personal notebook for the duration of LGM.

I like the design, like the choices for typefaces.

I think the next step, next phase for this kind of thing, and something
that would require either a new tool or modifications to existing ones,
is something like an eBook format, where you can add notes to pages,
incorporate your own images, etc. The idea would be to have something
you can work with from a tablet.

I went to a medical meeting recently, and although there was a PDF
available for download, and I knew there was going to be a print version
at the meeting (for free), there was much more information and pages
than I needed, so I redid the PDF as an ebook, chopping out the 75 to
80% that I didn't want. What it lacked, of course, was the ability to
add notes afterward.

Greg