[CREATE] Free and legal download of Pantone colour palettes from Adobe

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at mpc.com.br
Wed Mar 27 03:26:04 PDT 2013

On 27 March 2013 03:43, "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just in case it has escaped anyone's attention, Adobe has made the Pantone colour palettes that had been shipped with Illustrator versions prior to CS6 freely available for download here: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html
>
> All you need is SwatchBooker to convert the ACB files to the format you need :)

Coming from Adobe it would be important to distinguish if they are
"librely" available or
"gratisly" avaliable. I'd supose it is the later. That might suit
individual users, but
for including the colors in any project or add on, their terms of use
have to be scrutinized.

Oh WAIT!
There is no legalese on that page, but for a 'CC-NC-SA'  stamp at the
end, and the files are simple zips to be downloaded from a  URL
featuring the CC'ed text as their parent - and containing no license
or legal text themselves. So I guess - that is the actual use license.
It still will have some restrictions to use in all projects due to the
"Non Comercial" bit on the license, though - but as I see it it could
be used in comunity maintained add-ons (plug-ins, pallete files in
different repositories) without problems.

  js
 -><-