[CREATE] Free and legal download of Pantone colour palettes from Adobe

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 28 19:08:54 PDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 09:59 PM, Guillermo Espertino (Gez) wrote:

> I think it's unlikely that they'll be against this practice, but I'm
> sure they'd send us a beautiful cease and desist letter if we try to
> include Pantone swatches in free software.

This is the part that I think doesn't really hang together, if this is
what Pantone is thinking. A swatch in software really isn't a swatch. A
CMYK emulation of a Pantone color might be close, but it's not the same
thing.
One might consider making a real-world swatchbook of sorts, but if you
did it "properly" you would have to use the real spot colors to make the
swatchbook, and it seems unlikely you would save any money doing that.

Greg