[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Thu Apr 10 10:24:16 PDT 2014

Susan Spencer (susan.spencer at gmail.com) wrote:
> The University of Leipzig and the LGM sponsors have not been notified
> that there was harassment and assault during the conference.

[...]

> We have a clear irrefutable example of this in our own community.

It saddens me to hear that. I hope that this can be resolved in a way
that allows the vicitim to enjoy further LGMs.

So yes, I agree that we need to work on our procedures and hope that the
final code of conduct will be clear about responsibilities and
procedures.

IMHO an important part this would be the first session slot of the
conference, where in general I'd appreciate a welcome from the hosts and
organizers. It doesn't need to be long and formal, but would provide an
excellent opportunity to give a short overview on the venue and present
the code of conduct.

I considered the "State of Libre Graphics" an excellent idea and I
believe it worked really well. However, it should be the second thing,
since it doesn't serve the same purpose as a welcome and conference
opening.

Bye,
         Simon

--