[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 10 16:24:18 PDT 2014

On 04/10/2014 02:08 PM, Susan Spencer wrote:
> Attendees of a conference should have reasonable assurance of their
> safety.

I am certainly in agreement with a Code of Conduct.
At the same time, one must realize that a Code of Conduct does not
necessarily prevent incidents, it only specifies how to deal with them.

The more challenging aspect is how to disseminate information about such
incidents. It may be, probably is inappropriate to broadcast such things
freely, yet there should be some awareness of facts as they are known to
those who have volunteered to help LGM as an organization, and ideally
with a contemporaneous timing. How can we evaluate an accusation now?
Even without a Code of Conduct it is possible to deal with such incidents.

We have the challenge of trying to be "open to all" yet realizing that
the "all" we refer to is the collection of those who have appropriate
behavior.

Greg