[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 10 16:52:44 PDT 2014

On 04/10/2014 07:36 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 10 April 2014 23:26, María Leandro <tatadbb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> from the point of view of a victim
> In the January discussion, it was suggested that all CoC documents be
> phrased positively rather than negatively, and many people voiced
> support for that.
>
> Rather than anti-badthing, phasing things as pro-goodthing is better, I think.
>
> I'm sure a list of common harassment scenarios could be presented in a
> positive way -- by including a happy ending to each of them.

All the same, there must be some sadness that some bad experience
happened to someone as well as the fact that we have to deal with some
bad behavior on someone else's part. If we can be part of helping
someone see the need to seek help with their personal relationships,
perhaps this might fit some sense of a goodthing. I just hope we can
manage to set some sensible and effective boundaries for behavior.

Greg