[CREATE] Anyone knows a dev at Wacom?

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:08:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Julien Deswaef <juego at requiem4tv.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> On 22/08/14 18:02, Jehan Pagès wrote:
>>
>> Well you could try the Wacom hacker (Ping Cheng) who was contributing
>> to the Linux kernel for the support of Wacom devices:
>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/?id=e694958388c50148389b0e9b9e9e8945cf0f1b98&qt=author&q=wacom
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Mail sent.

For information, I just realized he actually had more recent
contributions for the Linux kernel, as recently as 2013 (or else
that's another Ping Cheng who also contributes to the Wacom drivers
:p): http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/drivers/input/tablet/wacom_sys.c?qt=author&q=Ping+Cheng
Yet his email for the recent patches is apparently a private (gmail)
email now. Which may mean that he does not work for Wacom anymore (or
maybe the company politics changed and he is asked to not use his work
email anymore for this? Or another reason).
Well if the first email does not get any answer, you may want to try
the gmail email instead. I don't know (even if not inside the company,
he may still have the contacts, who knows).

>> In any case, whatever the outcome of this all is, I think we'll be
>> interested in knowing what you discovered, and how you improved the
>> support for Linux of this device. Don't hesitate to give some news
>> from time to time.
>> Have fun!
>
> Will do.

Cool.

> Have fun too :)

Have fun again! (we could continue this for a long time! :p)

Jehan