[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Andrew Chadwick a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:45:59 PST 2014

It was mentioned a while back [0]. I'm distinctly at the edge of
organization myself, but I want to see LGM2014 publish a good one
before I attend.

Do the PSF have a sample one? If not, simplest to start with the CC0
one on GeekFeminism[1] suitably tailored, just like PyCon. A published
incident handling procedure like [2] would be a good idea too.

    "PyCon’s Code of Conduct is structured after one created by The
Ada Initiative and others, available under the Creative Commons Zero
license at [...][1]." [3]

And add it to the Ada Initiative's list[4] when it's done to get the word out ☺

[0] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2012-December/004500.html
[1] http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
[2] https://us.pycon.org/2013/about/code-of-conduct/harassment-incidents/
[3] http://pyfound.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/psf-moves-to-require-code-of-conduct.html
[4] http://adainitiative.org/what-we-do/conference-policies/

On 14 January 2014 19:15, Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am asked by PSF if we have a Code of Conduct?
>
> I am sure that at some point in time that question was raised among us but I
> can’t recall if we reached a consensus and if so where would that text be?
>
> PSF could consider funding us but we’d need a published Code of Conduct.
>
> A quick follow-up will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Louis

Andrew Chadwick