[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Tobias Ellinghaus houz at gmx.de
Tue Jan 14 11:57:13 PST 2014

Am Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014, 14:15:34 schrieb Louis Desjardins:
> Hi all,

Hi,

I guess you are talking about LGM? Just in case I added the corresponding list
to the recipients, too.

> I am asked by PSF if we have a Code of Conduct?

Not that I am aware of. But I might be wrong here.

> I am sure that at some point in time that question was raised among us but
> I can’t recall if we reached a consensus and if so where would that text be?
>
> PSF could consider funding us but we’d need a published Code of Conduct.

I don't think we should have something like that. LGM has always been an event
that was meant to be fun for everyone. No formal rules, no pressure, just nice
people that know how to behave and use common sense. That applies both how to
act but also how to react to actions of others. Formalizing that into any sort
of "event law" is both unnecessary and in my eyes even hurting the free and
open approach of LGM.

If we really need something written down I would propose this:

§1 Behave
§2 Use common sense when dealing with others
§3 Learn from the reactions of others

Just my two cents.

> A quick follow-up will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!