[CREATE] Who can change the program text for my LGM workshop description?

Steve Conklin steve at conklinhouse.com
Mon Mar 24 08:30:30 PDT 2014

The workshop description has changed a bit since the proposal, can someone
update the conference program?

Thanks!

Here's the new description:

-----
There are many aspects of reverse engineering. This workshop focuses on
approaches which may be useful for analyzing and extending the
functionality of consumer products with electronic interfaces.

Examples of these products include printers, sewing and knitting machines,
and paper cutters.

This workshop will focus on common interfaces which are used inside many
consumer products for communication between various subsystems within the
product, or with plug-in cartridges: Asynchronous Serial, SPI, and I2C.

Participants will have a chance to examine one or more of these interfaces
during normal operation of a device, and perhaps learn enough to be able to
change the behavior of the device.

The workshop will be taught using a set of Revenge circuit boards (for
REVerse ENGineering) designed for this purpose by the presenter.
Participants will not be able to keep the boards, although they are
designed as open hardware and may be available for purchase at some point.

Participation will take place in small groups of two or three. Each group
will need to have one Mac or Linux laptop.