[CREATE] Typographic feature UI/UX

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 21 00:20:24 PST 2014

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014, Nathan Willis wrote:

> So I'm curious (1) if anyone else is interested in this topic, (2) if
> anyone has worked on it already, and (3) if anyone is interested in
> pursuing it further. It does seem like something it would be worth
> collaborating on a common approach to (generally speaking, I mean),
> hence my bringing it up here.

I'm really interested. I won't be able to take action immediately, but a
complete rewrite of krita's text tool is sort of scheduled for 2015, and
one of the things I was wanting to implement was full support for
typographic features.

I haven't got a clue yet (well, a bit more after your mail) about the gui
:-) Also, what I would need to get started is a way to store the way the
text object uses these features in a standard file format. As far as I
know, neither ODF nor SVG can store flags that toggle the use of these
features.

Boudewijn