[CREATE] CREATE Digest, Vol 165, Issue 1

Johann ELSASS circular at operamail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:51:17 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

It is great to have people interested in discussing the OpenRaster specifications.

About the proposals of hosting the specifications on kde.org and using merge requests, I think that it is a good idea at some point to get to such mechanism and so finalize the changes to the specifications.

I agree with Eylul and Paul that we need some mechanism to have more flexible discussions before we settle on something. I propose this matrix channel:
https://matrix.to/#/!DYRjlKtSqiIneiyvMF:matrix.org?via=matrix.org
also simply called #openraster

As Paul mentioned in the summary, we would like to add SVG support. In fact, there is already SVG support in MyPaint and apparently DrawPile as well:
https://github.com/drawpile/Drawpile/issues/184

I looked into the way it is stored by MyPaint. Basically it sets the "src" attribute to the SVG file. Personally I am not a fan of that because of backward compatibility and different renderings depending on the implementation of SVG. Though I am in favor of handling such files if possible.

Freely,

--
  Johann ELSASS
  circular at operamail.com