[CREATE] ORA topic presentation for Online LGM 2020

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:04:29 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 6:56 PM InkLab App wrote:

> For 'layer effects' : do you mean, non destructive filters? If so, this was a very interesting problem that I have been considering for a while, that is, implementing arbitrary functions into a file format.

Before the feature craze :) goes any further, may I suggest two ideas
for OpenRaster?

1. Drop using PNG in favor of EXR to store the bitmap data.

2. Consider designing a file format that is better suited for fast
saving/loading. See e.g. Ogawa file format for Alembic.

Rationale: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alembic-discussion/FTG1HuuO_qA
Source code: https://github.com/alembic/alembic/tree/master/lib/Alembic/Ogawa

Alex