DBus Over multiple machines

Willem Dantuma willem.dantuma@dobs.nl
12 Dec 2003 22:42:38 +0100

Hi Jason,

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 14:42, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> 1. How do I authenticate myself properly when conecting to a DBUS on another
> machine via TCP/IP?

I submitted a patch about a month ago to add SASL authentication to d-bus

see https://listman.redhat.com/archives/message-bus-list/2003-November/msg00018.html

I realise it needs some work though but it worked for me ( i only tested the PLAIN mechanism ).

when the patch is applied you can do something like this:

------

dbus_bool_t get_username(**username) {

  *username="username";

  return TRUE;
}

dbus_boot_t get_password(**password( {

  *password="password";
  return TRUE;
}

DBusConnection *busConnection = dbus_connection_open( address, &busError );
dbus_connection_set_get_username_function(busConnection,get_username);
dbus_connection_set_get_password_function(busConnection,get_password);
dbus_bus_register( busConnection , &busError );

------

the patch doesn't yet work with dbus_bus_get().

I will try to add this in a few weeks.

Regards,

Willem