DBus Over multiple machines

Willem Dantuma willem.dantuma@dobs.nl
19 Dec 2003 16:37:39 +0100

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 15:45, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> Ok, I get how to set the username and password functions for the connecting
> client.
>
> I do not, however, see how I set what usernames and passwords are authorized
> on the server end.  Do you have to call something after dbus_bus_register ?

You don't call dbus_bus_register on the server end

Do you connect to a d-bus bus ( daemon ) or did you write your own
server ?

Authorization in the bus is done by setting a policy in the
configuration file ( see the system.conf )

If you wrote your own server you have to register a checking function
with the connection.

---------------

static dbus_bool_t
allow_user_function (DBusConnection *connection,
                     unsigned long   uid,
                     void           *data)
{
  if(uid == <your userid>)
    return TRUE;
  return FALSE;
}

dbus_connection_set_unix_user_function (connection,
                                          allow_user_function,
                                          NULL, NULL);

Willem