lifecycle of the message bus

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:10:15 -0400

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 07:53:31PM +0100, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> Did the X transport for DBUS ever get written?

Not yet. I don't think we'd necessarily want that to be required
in order to use the session bus, though.

> BTW, running configure with no arguments results in:
>
> $ dbus-launch
> Failed to start message bus: Failed to read directory
> "/usr/local/etc/dbus-1/NONE/lib/dbus-1.0/services": No such file or
> directory
>
> Also, the man page suggests:
> 	eval `dbus-launch --exit-with-session`
>
> but that command never returns (not closing stdout?)

With cvs HEAD? I think some stuff like this may be fixed in CVS.

If not, the first error looks like it may happen if you don't specify
--prefix to configure, the second would need some debugging.

Havoc