Using debug-pipe connections in real apps

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-dbuslist@litech.org
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:37:56 -0500

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:18:06PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 16:09, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:
> > I see that DBus uses "debug-pipe" connetions for build tests, which are
> > created using socketpair.  This is exactly what I'd like to use in my a=
pp,
> > but it seems limited to DBus internal debugging.  Could this type of
> > connection be promoted to a fully-supported DBus feature?  -Nathan
>=20
> I don't see why not; seems pretty straightforward. Maybe just rename the
> method to "pipe" instead of "debug-pipe" and build it even with tests
> disabled?

OK then, if it sounds acceptable to you, I'll make a patch as soon as I=20
move from dbus-0.13 to current CVS.

Thanks!  -Nathan

--=20
*** Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.
*** Expand your PGP Web of Trust with http://www.biglumber.com/

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw--