ACLs broken in 0.13?

Bastien Nocera hadess@hadess.net
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:34:24 +0100

Heya,

I played this afternoon with d-bus, and had to let the whole thing
opened to be able to use it (ie. remove all the "block everything" bits
in the config file).

I wanted to finish cleaning up my patches, but I can't seem to be able
to run servers/services. Most of the time, I'm getting "Disconnected
prior to receiving a reply" when starting the server, and sometimes
(when I'm lucky) I get a permission denied error.

I'm trying to connect to the system daemon, unlike Seth who was trying
from the session daemon.

Here a piece of my /etc/dbus-1/system.d/kudzu file:

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration
1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
<busconfig>
  <policy context="default">
    <allow user="*"/>
    <allow send_to="com.redhat.kudzu"/>
    <allow receive_from="com.redhat.kudzu"/>
    <allow send_destination="com.redhat.kudzu"/>
    <allow receive_sender="com.redhat.kudzu"/>
    <allow own="com.redhat.kudzu"/>
  </policy>
</busconfig>

(That's pretty much all I could find).

Is there a way I could start up a server in the com.redhat.kudzu address
space?

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.