dict type?

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
15 Oct 2003 10:16:38 -0400

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 06:34, David Zeuthen wrote:
> While we're on the subject of types, will there be a reference type, so
> apps distributed on many hosts can pass references to objects around?

There is a DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH. A full "object reference" in the CORBA
sense though is an address + service + object path.

Right now being able to transparently pass objects globally (rather than
within the context of a single message bus) isn't a design goal. Though
it isn't that hard in principle (the only two things to add really are
some way to avoid a new DBusConnection for each object, and some way to
encode the whole address+service+path in a string).

Havoc