bug on dbus head

David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:52:44 +0200

Hi,

I couldn't find the bugzilla for dbus, so I post here.

DESCRIPTION
with current d-bus head an application can make the system message bus,
dbus-daemon-1, occupy 100% CPU and not respond.

HOW TO REPRODUCE
hmm, might be a bit complicated. At least the source on HAL head shows
this (on my machine at least) by

 1) running hald
 2) running lshal

(to run hal you manually need to allow anything, 'cause I haven't got
down to creating the policy file yet)

Other applications might work as expected.

WORKAROUND
use a CVS snapshot of dbus on the main trunk just some time before Tue
Oct 14 05:16:56 2003 UTC.

It might very well be a bug in hal, but the message bus should resist
DoS attacks :-)

Thanks,
David

-                              web:             http://fubar.dk/~david
-    David Zeuthen             pgp key:     http://fubar.dk/pgpkey.asc
-  david(at)fubar.dk           pgp key id:                    b89bab82

    That's what she said.