Listen mode and remote message bus

Anders Feder lists.anders@feder.dk
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 05:45:01 +0200

Hi,

I'm developing a neat little application using D-BUS and have figured
out how to make it acquire ownership of a service. Now I need to put the
application into listen mode. Can somebody please give me a brief
tutorial on how to do that? I've read references to things like 'message
handlers' and 'message matching rules' but can't quite figure out what
they are or how to use them.

And another thing: will it be possible to use a remote message bus as
your default session or system bus? Imagine marking that 32 characters
long IPv6 address on machine A, pressing Ctrl+C, walking over to machine
B, pressing Ctrl+V and then watching all 32 characters pop up on the
screen of the other machine. Pure magic.

Keep up the good work.

--
Anders Feder <lists.anders@feder.dk>