d-bus head

David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk
27 Oct 2003 21:08:47 +0100

Hi,

I think there is an issue with DBUS head at the moment, or maybe there
is something I don't grok. dbus-daemon-1 --system starts fine in the
background but when I connect with dbus-monitor --system I get the
'Disconnected prior to receiving reply' error message.

The same thing happens in my own program (hald) when calling
dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &dbus_error).

Using a CVS snapshot from October 13 works fine (later versions may work
as well, but I haven't done 'cvs update' after that since I have been on
vacation for the past two weeks)

Oh, and I get a segfault when launching dbus-daemon-1 on a big-endian
system (Powerbook G4) - I'll try to debug it as far as I can - maybe my
own bad.

Thanks,
David