d-bus head

David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:27:02 +0100

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 00:43, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > Re: the segfault on my new powerbook I traced this to getenv(3)
> > seg-faulting on my gentoo system with a valid parameter, so I bet it is
> > a dependency / build issue caused by myself, and not an issue with dbus.
> > FWIW, head builds and run fine under Mac OS X 10.2.8 expect that the
> > mainloop consumes all CPU and renders dbus-daemon-1 unresponsive but
> > this can probably also be traced to wrong dependencies / build issues.
> > (I should compile glib and friends myself).. Oh the joys of exotic
> > hardware :-/
>
> Do you know the fink project? (http://fink.sf.net)

Oh yes, it rocks.

The thing is that I experienced the CPU consumption bug on OS X 10.2.8
using glib-2 from fink which is at 2.0.6, while I could see it work on
my x86 RHL9+XD2 laptop using glib-2 version 2.2.2.
So what I meant to say, was that I probably should try to build a more
recent glib on OS X  and test again.

> Welcomed to the dark side of the force :-P

Thanks - Apple makes really nice hardware but, damn, it's a lot more
difficult to find PPC Linux packages than for x86 :-]

Cheers,
David