Python bindings ready for first commit

Seth Nickell seth@gnome.org
22 Sep 2003 13:43:35 -0700

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 09:38, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 01:45, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > Well, I was getting ready to commit this and did a "cvs update" and
> > everything seems to have broken (this is on the dbus-object-names
> > branch). dbus_bus_acquire_service() now returns the error:
> >
> > A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
> > message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
> > message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "AcquireService"
> > error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")
> >
> > I can't see anything that would cause this in my session.conf file... so
> > I'm wondering if one of today's checkins caused the problem.
> >

> I probably broke it, if you can write a regression test for the failure
> you see that will let me fix it in about 10 minutes, plus we'll have a
> regression test. ;-) Do you see an easy way to test it?

Yes. You can just change test-services.c to load the SESSION rather than
ACTIVATION bus. Or just simply do any dbus_bus_acquire_service() call
and watch it die :-/ But markmc has reported that he doesn't have this
problem... so I'm not sure what's going on here. I did some debugging
last night but went to bed before I got to the bottom of things.

-Seth