bus_connection_add_match_rule with partial path match

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Aug 9 19:31:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 17:22, Kay Sievers wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice to have something like this? We may add a flag to
> BusMatchRule, which may be set by something like
> dbus_bus_add_match_fallback()and then just match the first part of the
> object path?

One problem with this is that an API that depends on it (e.g. an API
with tons of little objects that each emit signals) will be very
difficult to use with any of the proxy-object-based bindings where you'd
need to create a proxy for each of the little objects.

If you assume that APIs are designed for the proxy-based bindings, I'm
not sure this is useful.