A Perl API for dbus

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Tue Aug 10 01:46:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:01:17PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cool, nice work. Did you look at the Python bindings?

I had a bit of a look at the Python stuff & tried to take a
reasonably similar approach - hence the similar objects
defined in each API

> Much of libdbus is only useful for creating bindings; so binding the
> libdbus API completely/directly is not exactly what's intended.
> The idea is rather to have a "proxy objects" sort of API on the binding
> level.
>
> Even if you want to keep the message-based API, you'll want to be sure
> and exclude API features that are basically useless for tasks other than
> binding construction (such as all the set_data() stuff)

Yeah, when I say complete API coverage, i was really refering
to bits aimed at application developers. So I didn't expose the
low level binding oriented APIs such as set_data, merely used
them in the XS code as intended.

Dan.