Distributed services

Don Park donp at personaltelco.net
Thu Aug 12 16:07:37 PDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, André Goddard Rosa wrote:

> DBUS can be used to register an unique identifier through a couple of
> netwoked node?
>
> So, if I register service:
> AAA on machine A
> and
> AAA on machine B
> at the same time,
>
> only one will get registered?

Im new to the list but I saw Havoc's talk at OSCON in Portland Oregon. I
believe there is no mechanism to communicate between machines so AAA on
machine A will be registered only on machine A and not be reachable by
machine B. Also I believe the service can be registered in a "desktop
session" context and/or in a global context (still on a single machine).

don
--
"Second, we live in an interdependent world in which we can't kill, jail, or
 occupy all our potential adversaries, so we have to both fight terror and