bus limits

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Aug 15 14:43:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

Something to think about here, if I'm app A communicating with apps B
and C, in the blocking proposal if B stopped responding and pending
replies accumulated, then app A would no longer be able to talk to app
C. So app B can effectively shut down app A entirely, by causing app A
to block (the bus stops reading from app A until app B replies).

It'd be worth thinking about approaches other than shutting down app A
in this case. One might be to expire the timeout on the oldest pending
request for app B.

Of course, this still sends an error to app A saying that a method call
on app B failed... which is the whole problem we were trying to solve
;-)