[patch] Assorted changes to the mono bindings

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 20:15:13 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 18:22 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> > Is this something exposed to apps or is it "behind the scenes" in mono
> > bindings, e.g. maybe proxies just have a destroy signal when their
> > proxied object vanishes as in glib bindings.
>
> It is exposed to apps, so apps have to do some work (though luckily not
> very much work) to manage life-cycles properly.  There might be a nice
> way to make it all work automagically, but that would probably be
> harder.

They have to do something like this, right:
 - get the base service
 - add match rule for ServiceDeleted on it
 - when getting that drop any communication with that service

The thing is it'd be nice if the various bindings were consistent... to
me it's nicer if there's an in-process signal on each proxy that is
emitted when the proxied object's connection vanishes.

But I only mean to put this out there fwiw, as a statement of long-term
plan, I'm not trying to say don't commit the patch.