Marshaling structures

Michael Meeks michael@ximian.com
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 13:28:23 +0000

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 19:59 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I too am rather interested in this; is the only way to marshal an array
> of a structure to send an array of dicts - each containing a dict
> containing a single member of a new type

	So - it seems that (good of no-one to reply helpfully) that in fact you
can marshal mixed types in a dict - simply because you get to write your
own marshaller/de-marshaller for virtually everything; so there are few
constraints here; indeed I guess you can marshal a struct easily - you
just get to write a load of types to the wire by hand one by one.

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot