Feature Request, Socket Encryption / Compression

Jason Keirstead jason.keirstead@Q1Labs.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:21:29 -0400

Hi, dunno if I should be making feature requests on this list, but theres no
bugzilla for DBUS so it seems to be the only place.

I am currently working with DBUS with the TCP socket option, so you can
connect to a DBUS server over the network. Given the nature of communicating
in this manner, it would be extremely nice if there was some method of
encryption (and possibly compression) available for the socket.

I know I can simply forward it over SSH, but it would be nice if this was
built in, since DBUS is a library meant to be used directly by apps.

Thanks for all the hard work.

--
Jason Keirstead
Software Developer

506.462.9117 ext. 111 - Office
506.260.0787 - Mobile
1.877.471.5227

jason.keirstead@fredericton.q1labs.com | www.q1labs.com

Do you know what is happening on your network RIGHT NOW?

QVISION - Network Security Intelligence