Activation: Service providers providing more than one service

Jason Keirstead jason.keirstead@Q1Labs.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:48:13 -0400

On January 09, 2004 12:24 pm, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> 2) Have a service provider that can provide several services: For
>    example a .service file would contain information about all the
>    services a certain service provider provides, example:
>
> <serviceprovider name="org.gnome.Foo">
>   <exec>/opt/gnome2/libexec/foo-d</exec>
>   <service name="org.gnome.Foo.ServiceA"/>
>   <service name="org.gnome.Foo.ServiceB"/>
> </serviceprovider>
>
>   The bus can then see that when someone tries to activate
>   org.gnome.Foo.ServiceB while it is still activating service provider
>   org.gnome.Foo it should wait until the service provider is activated.
>
> Any suggestions?

I am not a DBUS core dev, but to me the second suggestion seems much more
appropriate from a design standpoint.

--
Jason Keirstead
Software Developer

506.462.9117 ext. 111 - Office
506.260.0787 - Mobile
1.877.471.5227

jason.keirstead@fredericton.q1labs.com | www.q1labs.com

Do you know what is happening on your network RIGHT NOW?

QVISION - Network Security Intelligence