Activation design draft

Mikael Hallendal micke@imendio.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:37:54 +0100

tis 2004-01-20 klockan 03.36 skrev Mikael Hallendal:
> tis 2004-01-20 klockan 02.33 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> > On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 08:32, Richard Hult wrote:

> > > That's a somewhat different problem than what we were trying to solve:
> > > Avoiding to launch two instances of an executable when two clients
> > > activate two different services that are provided by that executable.
> >
> > This isn't different though. If an executable provides services Foo and
> > Bar, then it always creates those services on startup; it doesn't matter
> > what name it was activated as.
>
> I think you might misunderstand us (maybe because we refer to something
> that doesn't need to be handled).
>
> For example, Executable E handles Service A and Service B. When it is
> launched it will acquire both of the services.
>
> 1) Client C tries to activate Service A
> 2) The bus execute E
> 3) Client D tries to activate Service B
> 4) The bus sees that E is already pending and puts Client D in the
>    pending queue.

To clearify myself. The problem arises because Executable E hasn't yet
acquired the service A and B when Client D tries to active service B.

As I see it this can be handled either by mapping against executables
the bus is currently pending on or by specifying a "service provider"
that the bus is currently pending on.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--