Accessing remote devices

Marco Canini marco.canini@fastwebnet.it
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:49:47 +0100

Hi Michael,

premising that I agree with you that d-bus is designed for low traffic
msgs, I'm not convinced on the fact you want to use corba within it.
Many words have been said around d-bus, but what're real?
Isn't d-bus good as it is to do what it has to do?
Or do you want to make something shared between kde and gnome? Replace
DCOP and ORBit2 with one shared piece of software?
The matter is that i don't see a great push from kde to substitute its
dcop nor from gnome with its orbit2.
So ask, what do we wanna do?
Take care of figuring out what's the real role of d-bus for the future
and don't reinvent the wheel.
This my comment is for all us.

Cheers

--