New release due?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Jul 20 13:26:08 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 17:04, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> I'm working with Daniel Stone on the dbus packaging for Debian. We have
> people asking about the mono bindings for dbus. Are the bindings in 0.21
> okay for people to be coding to, or should I be looking to wait until a 0.22
> is released?
>
> If the recommendation is to wait; then when might 0.22 happen?

I don't think the bindings in 0.21 were working.

To be honest the reason there's no 0.22 yet is that the way
dbus/Makefile.am is done, if you don't have pyrex and mono and so forth
installed, their subdirs get dropped and aren't in "make distcheck"

So I have to install a bunch of stuff I don't have installed to make a
proper tarball that includes everything ;-)

This is pretty lame I realize. If someone has this stuff installed and
is willing to carefully follow the "Making a release" instructions in
HACKING, I'm happy to have them do it.

We could also fix the Makefiles to avoid this problem, I think the basic
approach is to avoid conditionalizing a whole subdir, instead
conditionalize building the stuff in the subdir. There might be some
tricky details, or maybe it's trivial.

Anyway, a release is long overdue.