[patch] Auth method for console users

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 15:25:41 PDT 2004

This patch extends authentication to allow for console user policy.
Adding
<policy auth_on_console_user="true">
   <allow ...>
   <deny ...>
</policy>

will allow and deny services to those who are currently listed in
/var/run/console/.  Basically I check to see if a lock file exists with
the user's name.  This will simply return false for distros that have no
concept of the console user since the files will not exist though we
might want to make it so a distro has to explicitly turn it on (or can
turn it off) with an API call.  Also I am not married to the
auth_on_console_user verbage but in the lack of any better names to
describe the functionality I used that.  Suggestions welcomed.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer