dbus - comments requested, here's one

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Jun 25 01:36:16 PDT 2004

Luke Leighton wrote:

>*exasperated*.  _why didn't you look at freedce?_
>
>http://sf.net/projects/freedce

I can't speak for the developers of course, because I'm not one of them,
but have you considered that they might not have known about this project?

>most disappointed,

Aren't you being overly negative? Why not try to convince the developers
that using freedce would be a big advantage? Just take a look at the
DBus code and docs and with your experience of freedce give your opinion
of how easy or difficult it would be to replace the current
communication/marshalling code with freedce and what kind of adavantages
that would bring.

Only pointing out that there is something better that can be used most
likely won't be enough because if the current investment the developers
have already made into the DBus code, they would probably need a
compelling reason (several more likely) to make the switch from familiar
to unfamiliar code.

Currently I can't seem to access the one link to documentation on the
freedce website so there isn't much to go by. Any examples you can give
of the code, IDL and tool usage?

Cheers,
 -Tako