glib dependency

Mikael Hallendal micke@imendio.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:07:10 +0100

fre 2004-03-05 klockan 16.55 skrev Anthony Metcalf:
> Hi,

Hi,

> 	I'm new to DBUS, been reading the ml for a few days. I'm trying to
> install DBUS on a headless gentoo box, I have udev working already. I'm
> stumbling on the glib-2.0 dependency, being a headless box I don't
> have/want glib. Is this a problem with the ebuild (I have -gtk in my USE
> flags if anyone cares) or a an actual dependency of DBUS, and if so why?
> From what I have read of DBUS it shouldn't have any need of graphics.

D-BUS doesn't have a strong dependency on GLib, you can however build it
with GLib to integrate with the GLib mainloop for example. If it's a
strong dependency in the Gentoo ebuild and you feel you have the need to
strip it out I suggest you contact the ebuild maintainer and discuss it
with him.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--