aquiring service problem

saroj panda sarojpanda@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:57:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

   Thanks for your response. I was initially using the
default system.conf file for my system wide daemon and
 in that case it was exiting for
dbus_bus_acquire_service. After that I created a file
called system-local.conf in the same directory and
have put the following configuration in that file.

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS
Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
<busconfig>

<servicedir>/usr/local/lib/dbus-1.0/services</servicedir>

<policy context="default">

<allow send_interface="*"/>
<allow receive_interface="*"/>
<allow own="*"/>

</policy>
</busconfig>

Now the communication is going through between my
applications using system wide daemon. Is it the
correct way of defining configuration for system wide
daemon?

I am using 0.20 release. Is there any other release
latest than this release available?

There is one debian package dbus-glib-1(0.20-6)
available. Is it different from 0.20 release?

Regards
Saroj Panda