structs, custom type

Michael Meeks michael@ximian.com
Thu Mar 11 07:29:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 16:09 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The API would just continue the DBusMessage iterator API, you recurse
> into this just as you recurse into an array.

	Of course.

> We can have the DBusMessage iterator able to dive into a struct/tuple
> yes as it does for arrays. What I don't want is a thing separate from
> DBusMessage with its own whole API. i.e. no QVariant/GValue/CORBA_any
> equivalent and no struct representation distinct from the native type
> system of the binding.

	Well - clearly having 'DBusStruct' is a total waste of time :-) For C /
glib we'd want to de-marshal in a sensible way into a plain C struct by
walking the C ABI; I have a plan to make this work really well.

	For other languages, I imagine you need to write custom / generic
de-marshallers.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--