Mono bindings

Owen Fraser-Green owen at discobabe.net
Sat Mar 20 09:37:34 PST 2004

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 18:26, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> You're welcome to put it in the dbus tree. Keep in mind that wrapping
> the whole D-BUS API doesn't make sense; much of the D-BUS API exists
> purely to use in wrapper/binding implementations. Binding the binding
> glue is pretty useless. ;-)

Yes, so I've been binding functions on a need-to-use basis. It's
probably more correct to call what I have a wrapper rather than
one-to-one bindings.

> My thought for Mono was to assume the GLib main loop and all that since
> Mono uses GLib anyhow.

Yes, that's what I've done. I out trying to avoid it but attempting to
do all UNIX fd-handling stuff that writing a main loop entails made my
head hurt.

Cheers,
Owen