d/bus cleanups ...

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Fri Mar 26 08:07:42 PST 2004

Hi there,

	So - this patch (I hope) doesn't do much that's controversial, just
cleans up some existing code; other bits later. It'd be nice to have
someone like Hallski able to approve this sort of cleanup if that's
possible (?) - so one can avoid having too much outstanding unrelated
stuff un-committed.

	+ .cvsignore fixes
	+ no-mono installed configure fix
	+ fixup gobject path registration lifecycle foo
	+ dbus_message_new_error_printf - add making it more friendly
	+ re-factor / cleanup / fix-up property get/set code
	+ implement signal emission code
		+ not in the right place prolly, but useful anyway
		+ untested, as yet, I'd like to get some other bits in
		  place first
		+ should we add some more exceptions:
			+ DBUS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_SIGNAL  to match
			  UNKNOWN_METHOD (?)
			+ DBUS_ERROR_BAD_PARAM - bad parameter (?)
		+ also, the signal handler code, currently returns a
		  value - I assume that's pretty pointless for an async
		  method - what is the canonical solution for this
		  situation ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--